Improved detection of current directory in generic implementation.
Removed calls to
hash, and made script exit when calls to external commands fail.
Used a single
awkinstead of using grep and sed for extracting flag variables names in generic implementation.
Made variables of the generic version of
getcleanpath()more properly integrated.
Improved or simplified patterns, and some syntax-related stuff.
getcleanpath functions now use simpler word splitting wih filename expansion temporarily disabled. This avoids internal use of temporary files and pipes. All versions of bash now only use one version of getcleanpath thanks to it. Ksh variants also now only use two.
The generic version has also been enhanced and no longer requires a subfunction summoned in a subshell.
Local variables now use lowercase characters.
Using getcleanpath was a mistake. This version goes back to using getabspath.
Unnecessary debug messages were also removed.
As of version 0.WP20160629, the GNU Awk based compiler compiler.gawk now uses getcleanpath instead of getabspath.
- Function calls are now less recursive by one level.
- Now using getcleanpath instead of getabspath. It is simpler, and we don’t need the strict features of getabspath.
- Added loader.bash-4 which strictly supports Bash version 4.0 and above.
- Also added loader-include-prototype.bash.
- Added support for MirBSD Ksh.
- Now using hash to remember location of executable binaries in some places that are applicable and helpful to improve performance without being completely explicit about the path.
- Reformatted messages to more proper case form.
- Reformatted changelog file.
- Some non-critical fixes.
- It’s a complete code overhaul.